A Masonboro Sound Project....... In 1873, George A. and Elizabeth Parsley Peck built a Home at what is now 7617 Masonboro Sound Road. The land for this home was given to Mr. & Mrs. Peck by Mr. Oscar Parsley, Mrs. Peck`s father. Building materials for the original home were brought by schooner into Masonboro Sound on which the home fronted. The property became known as Owencroft after being purchased by Dorothy Owens in 1944. In 1991, Mr. & Mrs. Mort Neblett purchased the land and four acres. The original home was in a bad state of repair by 1991. Accordingly, the Neblett`s employed Mr. Darryl Barker, a Wilmington architect, to replicate the original house to its exact dimensions using the original heart pine floors and the original interior board and batten walls. The completed home was considerable larger, approximately 6200 sq. ft., with four fireplaces which were located in each of the upstairs bedrooms and in the dining and living rooms. The original oyster fire pit was renovated to accommodate dining on the lower island for upwards of 75 people.  Please refer to the book, Between the Creeks Revisited, Masonboro Sound, 1735-1985 by Crockette W. Hewlett and Mona Smalley to learn about the history of this most beautiful place, called Masonboro Sound.  The country home of William Hooper, lawyer, physician, and member of the Continental Congress representing North Carolina was just north of  Owencroft.  The Hooper home, known as Finian, was destroyed by the British who captured Wilmington, North Carolina in 1781. William Hooper was a signer of the Declaration of Independence representing North Carolina, this may be why the British Destroyed his home.                       
Home Meet Mort Neblett OFP Financial Partners, LLC Friends, Clients, Home & Travels Gallery News Contact Farming Enterprise
©Copyright OFP Financial Partners, LLC

Mort S. Neblett, Member/Manager 910-262-1089